Partner: The Life House
Genre: Creative Arts and Film
About The Life House
The Life House is an arts, culture, wellbeing and lifestyle centre based in Lagos, Nigeria whose objective is to provide a nurturing environment for creative expression. The Life House acts as a catalyst for cultural expression and education through entertainment and exchange in Nigeria through the production of events and programmes.
Since December 2009, The Life House has been at the vanguard of promoting a cultural renaissance in Nigeria by curating art, film, mixed media, music and theatre exhibitions. We work with and support a diverse group of musicians, writers, performing artists, photographers and academics.
The Film programme at the Life House is anchored in the operations of its resident Reel Life Film Club which has curated the weekly screening of World, Classic and Independent Films (screened over 60 films weekly to a Lagos audience at no cost) from all across the African Continent and Global South since 2010 to a Lagos audience. These weekly screenings are often followed by discussions on the appreciation of the films and sometimes attended by filmmakers who are invited to share insights on their subjects, techniques and related issues.
|2012||Shine your eye||
· Organized by The Life House, Lagos – Lagos’s FIRST Multi-Culture and Wellness Content Provider and Exporter
· Anchored with African Film Festival, New York
· Holding at multiple venues for maximum reach including Federal Palace Hotel
· Duration – 4 days
· Target Audience – Ages 15 – 60; Educated, Curious; Culture seekers and Consumers; Upwardly Mobile; Intellectual; Aspirational; Travelled
· 1500 persons expected to attend festival physically
· 8000 additional persons to be reached via electronic and social media